Quick questions from a new user

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
briandickens

Quick questions from a new user

Post by briandickens »

Just two quick questions -

1. Does beer tool pro have a way to differentiate between a recipe and a batch? I know it has the planned recipes section, but that seems to be simply used for shopping lists, right? Or am I doing it wrong?

2. Regarding the shopping list: If I put three recipes into the planned recipes section, and create the shopping list, can I add the items in the "purchase" field to my inventory? Can I then subtract ingredients from my inventory as I brew them? Currently it seems like I would have to do the following: Add recipes to my planned recipes list to make the shopping list. Then, remove the recipes from the planned recipes list and add the purchased items to my inventory. Then, i would need to add the recipes to the planned recipes list to remove the ingredients from my inventory as I brew them. Is this right or am I way off?

Thanks!
brian
slothrob

batch/recipe and shopping list

Post by slothrob »

There are a few ways to deal with Recipes and Batches in BTP. The simplest I can think of, if you want to keep them separate, is to create a Recipes Folder and a Batches Folder. When you brew a Recipe, rename it with the date brewed into the Batches Folder. But, you can be creative with any number of variations on the theme that fit the way you like to work.

You're moving the recipes more than you need to when using the shopping list. You don't need to move the recipe in and out of the folder.

All you need to do is put the recipe into the planned folder, view your shopping list, buy the ingredients and put them into the inventory, replace the ingredient in your recipe with the new one in your inventory, then you can deduct the ingredients.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP