Apple Juice in BTP?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
calgone

Apple Juice in BTP?

Post by calgone »

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to put apple juice (or any other juice) into Beer Tools Pro. I would like to add my cider/mead recipes into Beer Tools, but I'm not exactly sure how to do so.

I would imagine you can make a new ingredient like extract or adjuncts and make it apple juice and insert the juice's gravity etc.

Is this the best way to do this? Has anyone figured out a better way or a way that has worked where the theoretical values matched up close with your actual brewday values?

Thanks!
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Apple Juice in BTP?

Post by jeff »

calgone wrote:I was wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to put apple juice (or any other juice) into Beer Tools Pro. I would like to add my cider/mead recipes into Beer Tools, but I'm not exactly sure how to do so.

I would imagine you can make a new ingredient like extract or adjuncts and make it apple juice and insert the juice's gravity etc.

Is this the best way to do this? Has anyone figured out a better way or a way that has worked where the theoretical values matched up close with your actual brewday values?

Thanks!
Hmm. What is the juice's gravity? If you measure that and then determine what percent of the juice is water you are probably 99% there. Juice is probably best considered a diluted extract, no?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff