Running Beertools Pro under WINE

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Bellemus

Running Beertools Pro under WINE

Post by Bellemus »

I have recently migrated to a Linux based OS, Ubuntu, and installed the WINE program to run Windows application. I have been successful in getting some game apps to run, WoW, Popcap games, but have not been able to get Beertools Pro to run. Has anyone had any success running BeerTools and what did you do to make it work?
yngvey

Post by yngvey »

Same problem here, something is wrong with the directory permissions??

Yngve
Bellemus

Rnning Beertools Pro under WINE

Post by Bellemus »

Yes, that is the problem I am having. I tried logging in as admin etc to fix, no luck. I did try Pro Mash Demo under Linux with no problem.
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

I had the same experience several month ago, except I was using Crossover Office which is a Wine derivative. The thing is that earlier versions of BTP would run, but after version 1.0.27, or so, it stopped working. Like Bellemus said, never any problems with ProMash.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I am running Ubuntu
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Rnning Beertools Pro under WINE

Post by Dale Hair »

Bellemus wrote:Yes, that is the problem I am having. I tried logging in as admin etc to fix, no luck. I did try Pro Mash Demo under Linux with no problem.
Same here, I can run many windows apps but BTP will not create the registration file on installation. It does seem like a permissions problem but all directories in the wine directory seem OK.
AMD 64 X2 4600 - 2G Ram - 20" Samsung 206BW 1680x1050 - NVidia GeForce 6100, shared ram - Debian Lenny - gnome desktop