Cant save my recipes and reopen them

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
bablock

Cant save my recipes and reopen them

Post by bablock »

I am having a problem today that when i create a new beer in beer tools and go to save it i can no longer open it up.
I have been using beer tools for some time now and now how to save and open up a file but the file i save seems to go missing even though is states it was saved to the area i want. When i do i search for it and try to open there is just e empty beer tools screen waiting for me.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Cant save my recipes and reopen them

Post by jeff »

bablock wrote:I am having a problem today that when i create a new beer in beer tools and go to save it i can no longer open it up.
I have been using beer tools for some time now and now how to save and open up a file but the file i save seems to go missing even though is states it was saved to the area i want. When i do i search for it and try to open there is just e empty beer tools screen waiting for me.
Do you get any type of error message when trying to open the recipe? Does it happen with all recipes or just certain ones?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bablock

Post by bablock »

It seems to be happening to only some of them but they are ones i have used before. Also when i save them they all go missing.I cant click on them to open them but if i statr to type the name of the brew i saved as they turn up.
There is no error message at all.
bablock

Post by bablock »

i have just noticed that my old files are saved as xml and can open up all the time but the new ones i am trying to save dont seem to have any file extionsion on them. The ones i have made in the last few weeks have a btp extension on them and open up ans save fine.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

bablock wrote:i have just noticed that my old files are saved as xml and can open up all the time but the new ones i am trying to save dont seem to have any file extionsion on them. The ones i have made in the last few weeks have a btp extension on them and open up ans save fine.
What platform are you using? Also, what version of BTP are you currently using? If the files you have saved are missing the file extension, add the extension ".btp". Hopefully that fixes the immediate problem. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bablock

Post by bablock »

I have tried a few types of beers
Englisg bitter
Wheat beer
Specilty beer

The bitter and wheat beers when saved do not have a .btp ext on them and when saved and reopen i just go to a new sceeen witn no stuff on it.
But the specillty beer saves the file as .btp and opens up fine as should be. I used beer tools on the weekend on a bitter with no problems and have not dont a update so its got me stuffed. but will keep at it.
bablock

Post by bablock »

looks like you got it on the head. on the files that i could not be seen and would open up bad i have added .btp to the names of them and now they seem to be working
Also i am using beer tools pro 1.0.1

Thank you for your help and quick replys.
Stephen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

bablock wrote:I have tried a few types of beers
Englisg bitter
Wheat beer
Specilty beer

The bitter and wheat beers when saved do not have a .btp ext on them and when saved and reopen i just go to a new sceeen witn no stuff on it.
But the specillty beer saves the file as .btp and opens up fine as should be. I used beer tools on the weekend on a bitter with no problems and have not dont a update so its got me stuffed. but will keep at it.
Are there any unusual characters in the recipe names or file names?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff