Rice Syrup SOLIDS analysis

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
rpoelking
Light Lager
Light Lager

Rice Syrup SOLIDS analysis

Post by rpoelking »

I'm trying to tweak kits I purchase and they often have Rice Syrup solids. Rice Syrup exists in the ingredients DB but what about solids? How do I get an analysis for solids into the DB? I know how to create a new item but where could I find the data?

[Sorry, I just realized you had a sticky for new ingredient submissions, perps the moderator could move this topic there.]
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Rice Syrup SOLIDS analysis

Post by jeff »

rpoelking wrote:I'm trying to tweak kits I purchase and they often have Rice Syrup solids. Rice Syrup exists in the ingredients DB but what about solids? How do I get an analysis for solids into the DB? I know how to create a new item but where could I find the data?

[Sorry, I just realized you had a sticky for new ingredient submissions, perps the moderator could move this topic there.]
You can add the item to the database by opening the ingredient browser Database->Adjuncts and clicking the "New" button at the bottom. Type in the name and other information for the ingredient. Deselect "Mashing Required" and select "Sugar" as the gouping.

For the information below, first set the moisture to 1%. Next set potential extract to 40 points and hit enter. Set HCU to 1.0 L (SRM). You can enter a price if you want. Click OK and it should get saved to your database. You can use it like any other ingredient in the database.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
rpoelking
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by rpoelking »

Thank you.