Mash Tun/Lauter Tun

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Mash Tun/Lauter Tun

Post by jawbox »

Hi,
Not sure if i've just not found out where to do this, but how are you handling equipment losses with mash tuns, lauter tuns, kettles, hoses, trub etc.
I know i'd like the ability to put that info in along with the rest of the vessel info so that it is taken into account with the mash schedule.
Also some preset vessels would be nice, like gott, ice cube coolers, keggles.

Any plans on doing anything like beersmiths brew day report, i know i love this feature to keep me on track on brew day.

Thanks,
Jaw
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by notbob »

You can set up any kind of vessel you want. Go to the Display pull down box, select Equipment>New>Vessel. Then name it, take the measurements (circular would be the same width as the length), and then you have to calibrate them yourself so you can get accurate information on your particular system.

This is explained in the Documentation section on the forum.

Then you can save all this info as Default or as a Template. Either way, once you figure out your own equipment losses, and enter them in, it's always there, and customized to your system.

Slick.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Mash Tun/Lauter Tun

Post by jeff »

jawbox wrote:Hi,
Not sure if i've just not found out where to do this, but how are you handling equipment losses with mash tuns, lauter tuns, kettles, hoses, trub etc.
I know i'd like the ability to put that info in along with the rest of the vessel info so that it is taken into account with the mash schedule.
Also some preset vessels would be nice, like gott, ice cube coolers, keggles.

Any plans on doing anything like beersmiths brew day report, i know i love this feature to keep me on track on brew day.

Thanks,
Jaw
We will add deadspace info in the vessel editor with a future update. As for the brew day report, that one we are pretty excited about. But don't expect it to be like anything else out there. :wink:
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I found volume adjustments for hoses/trub etc. but i'm assuming that wouldn't be the place to put deadspace info.

I'm excited to see what the brew day will be.

So far i'm liking this alot better than Promash, just need a couple more things and I can remove VPC off my computer :)

Thanks,
Jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)