Congrats on the official release Jeff and Lathe!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Congrats on the official release Jeff and Lathe!

Post by notbob »

Congratulations guys on the release of BTP! I can't wait to start perfecting my recipes and my system with the program.

I'll be plugging it for you on the brewing discussion boards!

Thanks for all the hard work for us deprived Mac folks.

Al Scott
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Thanks!

Post by jeff »

It was our pleasure. Thank you for all of your help with the project. Please keep in touch.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Congrats

Post by warthog »

i just downloaded my copy.

Please keep this forum open, and we can continue the testing. perhaps as a product improvement forum.

-n
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Congrats

Post by jeff »

warthog wrote:Please keep this forum open, and we can continue the testing. perhaps as a product improvement forum.
I agree; this is only the beginning! 8)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Yes, thanks again from the thirsty members of the Mac community.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jawsfree »

Congrats and thanks. I will be breaking in the full version this weekend with and all grain IPA. :D

Proost!
Jason
AMD Phenom IIX4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dude »

Yes, finally! It is awesome guys, thanks for all the hard work.

Couple of questions...

How is it going to work as far fixing bugs and that? Are you going to issue patches to those who have purchased the program? Just curious on how that is going to work.

Second, a few other forums are buzzing about the Beer Tools Pro release. I see a ton of interest out there but people want to test it out with a trial version first. Is this something you can do?

Last, I mentioned the forums--have you guys considered posting on these forums to help squash potential rumors or maybe clarify stuff? It might go a long way in convincing those on the fence about making the purchase. I know the brewboard has a thread going with a bunch of questions, and homebrewtalk is very curious as well. I'm a mod over there and I'd personally love to have your presence there to guide us along. I know you have your own forum here but sometimes people are reluctant to start anew where they've established a base. Just a suggestion.

Thanks again!
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Forums a buzz

Post by Bob57702 »

First congratulations on your release. It's really getting a lot of attention. As mentioned earlier in this thread the forums are real interested in BTP. The BrewingEquipment forum on Yahoo has a fairly active thread going to include one member that has actually made a video (screen capture) of using it. Very nice. (www.detroitgrillking.com/frosty/btp/)
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Some answers..

Post by jeff »

Dude wrote:How is it going to work as far fixing bugs and that? Are you going to issue patches to those who have purchased the program? Just curious on how that is going to work.
Have you used My BeerTools before? We have put a download tab in the My BeerTools area. This is where you can go to download software you have purchased at BeerTools.com The files in the download tab will always be the latest release and the version number is displayed next to them. We don't do patches so you will just have to download the package again (they aren't very big anyway).
Dude wrote:Second, a few other forums are buzzing about the Beer Tools Pro release. I see a ton of interest out there but people want to test it out with a trial version first. Is this something you can do?
This is something we are discussing but we haven't decided how to offer a preview of Beertools Pro. BTP is trial license enabled but the site needs to be updated to allow this capability.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

Guys-

First of all, congrats. I've said it before, but this is a great app! As far as updates/patches, I noticed that with all of the beta updates, user inputed data like ingredients/water profiles got deleted. Will the updates/patches you put out for BTP also do this? I'd really like it if I didn't have to re-enter all of my custom malt/water data every time.

Thanks,
Matt
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

File structure

Post by jeff »

TCBrewguy wrote:As far as updates/patches, I noticed that with all of the beta updates, user inputed data like ingredients/water profiles got deleted. Will the updates/patches you put out for BTP also do this? I'd really like it if I didn't have to re-enter all of my custom malt/water data every time.
Thanks Matt!

The file structure of BeerTools Pro has changed slightly. The database file is copied to another folder within your home directory path. This means that the database file that you make your additions to will remain intact if you replace the BeerTools Pro application folder. This also means that if another user logs in to your computer and uses BeerTools Pro, they too will have their own copy of the database.

Another change you may notice with the database is that the ingredients that come pre-installed cannot be edited in the database itself; only in your recipe after they are added. The reason for this is that future versions of BeerTools Pro will have automatic database update capabilities. BeerTools Pro will only update those ingredients that came pre-installed and not tamper with user added ingredients.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff