Error from Online>My Recipes...

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Error from Online>My Recipes...

Post by Push Eject »

When I try to select "My Recipes..." from the Online menu I receive the following error:
Error logging in (103).

I am at work behind a firewall and proxy server, but can access the internet fine with the settings I have in my network preferences. Is BTP using a different port?

Cheers,
Push Eject
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Error from Online>My Recipes...

Post by jeff »

Push Eject wrote:I am at work behind a firewall and proxy server, but can access the internet fine with the settings I have in my network preferences. Is BTP using a different port?
BTP is using port 443 (standard SSL port). The error sounds like BTP is unable to access the destination address; my guess is the firewall. Is there a problem using port 443 in your configuration?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Error from Online>My Recipes...

Post by Push Eject »

jeff wrote:Is there a problem using port 443 in your configuration?
Error logging in (103). :D

I have no way of opening or blocking ports... I'm sure it will work fine at home. Is there a way to pick other ports or to test what I can use? I know 80 and 21 are open, of course, but cannot tell you more than that.

Cheers,
Charlie
Push Eject
petermyers
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by petermyers »

I get the same error at work, but can access it no problems from home. It is simply the configuration of wour workplace server. Like me, you will probably just have to not use this feature when at work... or perhaps a few bottles of your finest might sway the system administrator your way :P
System:
Pentium 4 3.1GHz, 1G RAM, 128M Radeon 9600, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
AustinTim

A real fix

Post by AustinTim »

petermyers wrote:I get the same error at work, but can access it no problems from home. It is simply the configuration of wour workplace server. Like me, you will probably just have to not use this feature when at work... or perhaps a few bottles of your finest might sway the system administrator your way :P
the real fix would for BTP to use/inherit the IE / windows internet settings so that things like proxy support would be (automatically) used when trying to connect to the internet.

-tim
-TDS
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: A real fix

Post by jeff »

AustinTim wrote:
petermyers wrote:I get the same error at work, but can access it no problems from home. It is simply the configuration of wour workplace server. Like me, you will probably just have to not use this feature when at work... or perhaps a few bottles of your finest might sway the system administrator your way :P
the real fix would for BTP to use/inherit the IE / windows internet settings so that things like proxy support would be (automatically) used when trying to connect to the internet.

-tim
Happen to know the API calls for that?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
AustinTim

Re: A real fix

Post by AustinTim »

jeff wrote:
AustinTim wrote:

-tim
Happen to know the API calls for that?
I asked on a wide forum at work (should be several hundred programmers on it)... i'll let you know what i get back. unfortunately i'm a hardware guy... i could design you a server to run on... you'd like the 24 core / 16GB ram "desktop" i use at work...
-TDS