BeerXML and BrewCompetition

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

BeerXML and BrewCompetition

Post by jctull »

Our local GABF pro-am competition is coming up and we are using the online registration tool available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/brewcompetition/

I tested BeerTools beerxml for importing entries and they are not working. It would be great to validate BeerTools beerxml against the entry system being used by BrewCompetition so that compatibility with this competition entry system is verified. A lot of competitions are moving to this system for handling entries.

The source code is readily available, so it should be relatively easy to setup a test system. I can be contacted to provide my test recipe also if this appears to be working in some cases. I only tried one of my recipes. I also tested a recipe using BeerSmith export to beerxml, and it was parsed correctly.

Cheers,
John
OS X 10.5, MBP, 2GB
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BeerXML and BrewCompetition

Post by jeff »

What version of BeerXML does the entry system require?
jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: BeerXML and BrewCompetition

Post by jctull »

Honestly, Jeff, I don't know. The link to the code is in the first post. Looking at the issue list on the google code site, I see a few xml related bugs, and those may point to a common issue with the xml output from BTP that is not working for the site. It might be something that can be fixed on the competition software side of things if you see what the problem is. A note from the developer of a recipe program might gain the attention to get a fix more than an email from a user.
OS X 10.5, MBP, 2GB