Temporary Outage....

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Temporary Outage....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

Hey forumites !

I will be relocating to Main Street Brewing Co. in the next 3 weeks. Therefore, within that time frame there will come a time when I am unable to be read the forum and be reached by e-mail. The last time this happened people thought I'd died or something... so this time I'm giving advanced notice. This time I will also be giving up my long held e-mail address from my domain. I will post the new one when I again have service.

I will miss all of your educational and interesting posts while I'm down, but I'll catch up when I return !

Eric
stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

whew!!!

Post by stumpwater »

Thanks for the warning Mesa, as I was one of those who thought you died. I have to say, you went down last time at a very critical part of my learning process and it was most inconvenient of you. (smile/chuckle)
Good luck with your move and I hope the relocation goes well for you.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

You'll be missed, temporarily...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Eric, good luck with the move. I know that it has been said before but you can never say it enough. Thanks for all of your mentoring, it has increased the quality of our beer making inmeasurably, and increased our quality of life as well. We'll be here when you return. Where is Main Street Brewing company ? If you ever have a chance to come to Greenville SC there is a brew pub here "Blue Ridge Brewing Company" and although they make OK beer, they could use a master brewer with a more diverse phylosophy. They tend to stick too much to the middle of the road recipes, not enough variety, character or flavor. If you have an uneducated palet it is OK, but for those of us who have tasted the other side ... alas I'll stick to what you teach us, and what I can brew :-)

Cheers,

Paul.
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Main Street Brewing....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

Thanks for your gracious compliments !

Main Street Brewing is located in Evansville, Indiana and has existed for 6 years with two locations. The restaurants attached to it are known as Turoni's Pizzery which has been around for 36 years. They are presently purchasing a 3rd location. They are focusing more intently on the brewing side and that is where I come in. I will be completely replacing their current offerings. Froach will really enjoy this factoid given our past discussions... I will be doing open fermentation ! Something I've never done before. Thank God I have a microbiology background !!!!!

I used to live in South Carolina... from 1983~88 I lived in Murrel's Inlet & Cherry Grove (both on opposing sides of Myrtle Beach) and was a CAD/CAM and digital process control engineer for pharmaceutical companies. At that time I didn't even drink ! (what the heck was my problem ?) I later lived in Wilmington, NC from 89~90 doing the same work. I still have a friend that I see often that was a guitarist in one of my bands. He now lives in Durham, NC. I also have a place on Hilton Head Island, SC and am usually there in Sept-Oct, but this year I probably won't make it. I go right by G-Ville on the way down, so I will try to get ahold of you for a brewsing the next time I'm in the area.

Eric
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Ahhhh, Mesa, you speaka my language

Post by Fraoch »

Traditional style brewing techniques, a personal quest of mine. When the world knew nothing of stainless and the word conical probably had some conotation to a doctors apparatus there was only open fermentation and natural carbonation. I am glad that someone is setting up this style of brewing!!! Look forward to your return Mesa and your keen tastebuds interpretation. Wassail!!!!

Fraoch